Home
© ICIS HEREN - Romania`s Termoelectrica to build 500MW coal-fired electricity plant
2011-06-01
Romanian state-owned power producer Termoelectrica is to launch the construction of a 500MW coal-fired plant in 2012. The two 250MW blocks at Doicesti, in southern Romania, will cost an estimated €700m and will be built following the completion of a feasibility study in October. In a statement last week, the company said it was looking to set up a joint venture where the investor would hold the majority stake. At least 30% of the investment would be provided by the partner, with the remaining 70% from a credit line granted to the JV. China`s Huadian Engineering has so far expressed an interest in the project. The two blocks would be built alongside the existing units totalling 320MW of installed capacity. A 200MW block has been decommissioned and another unit is expected off line, although no details of this capacity were given. (THE ICIS HEREN REPORTS - EDEM 15102 / 1 June 2011)

Back to index
Opcom Press Releases