Home
© ICIS HEREN - Romania plans nuclear tender
2010-09-17
Romania is to launch a tender for the construction and operation of the two new reactors at Cernavodă, its sole nuclear power plant, the government said on Thursday (16th September). EnergoNuclear, the consortium set up to run the two 700MW units, is expecting offers until 15 December. The third reactor is expected to become operational by 2017, according to the government. Last month the government said it was considering slashing its participation in the project from the current 51% held through Nuclearelectrica, the state-owned operator of the existing two reactors, to a minority stake as originally envisaged (see EDEM 19 August 2010). The government is yet to make an announcement on the participation size. Besides Nuclearelectrica, EnergoNuclear`s minority stakeholders are ČEZ, Enel, GDF SUEZ and RWE Power, each holding a 9.15% stake, while Iberdrola and steel manufacturer ArcelorMittale both hold 6.2%. (ICIS Heren - EDEM 14.180 / 17 September 2010)

Back to index