DAM ANNOUNCEMENT – DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME
Please note that on Saturday night to Sunday, Europe officially makes the transition from Central European Time (CET) to Central European Summer Time (CEST), where 02:00 become 03:00. Therefore, the delivery day of March 28, 2021 has 23 trading intervals. For more information on how to proceed in this situation, please see “Regulation on organization and functioning of Day-Ahead Market for electricity adapted for functioning in market coupling framework” and “Operational procedure regarding functioning of the Day-Ahead electricity Market”.
Clarification of DAM changes applicable from the day of delivery 01.02.2021
We inform you of the following clarification that complements the announcement published by OPCOM on 19.01.2021:
- Excel template for offers does not changed; in any case, for completeness, we mention that the template has been extended in the Physical Notifications sheet, the updated version being available here
OPCOM publishes the examples of NF for DAM aplicable from the delivery day 01.02.2021
For Physical Notifications testing, OPCOM publishes examples (xml files) of a participant's transactions notification / Physical Notification of concluded transactions related to a BRP:
(right click / save)
OPCOM submits to public consultation the Day Ahead Market electricity market Accession Agreement and Procedure related to the operation of the Day Ahead Market electricity market revised following the transition to Physical Notifications with a granularity of 15 minutes.
Please send your proposals to email email@example.com, in letter format, assumed by the legal representative of the company, and in word format until 29th of January 2021.
Dear Day Ahead Market Participants,
By this information, once with implementing the settlement with a resolution of 15 minutes (1st of February 2021), OPCOM would like to highlight the following aspects referring to the functioning of the Day Ahead Electricity Market:
- 1st of February 2021 Delivery Day will be the first day for which the Physical Notification will be changed to 15 minutes resolution, respectively the Physical Notification will contain time series with 96 quarter-hour intervals (respectively 92/100 for short/long clock change);
- offering and trading will continue to be performed at hourly basis;
- Excel template for offers does not changed;
- The way the data is displayed in the trading system does not change (Offers, Trade confirmation, ATC and so on)
- Only the Physical Notifications files will be changed to 15 min resolution: MOPHY, BRPPHYNO, TPPHYNO will have 96 (100/92 intervals) instead of 24 (25/23).
The implementation of the new rules will have no effect on the available validation guarantee for positive price bids and/or negative price offers and neither on receivings /payments mechanism, respectively direct debit mandates and bank guarantee letter.
With regard to the applicable rules, OPCOM informs market participants that the package of rules for the Day Ahead electricity market updated for operation as of 01.02.2021 has been published for consultation in accordance with the ANRE President's Order No. 230/16.12.2021, other applicable national or European provisions, respectively:
For any questions or additional information requests OPCOM making the generic address firstname.lastname@example.org available to market participants and other interested parties as well.
- Day Ahead electricity market Accession Agreement;
- Procedure related to the operation of the Day Ahead electricity market;
ACER Decision nr. 37-2020 on the Products that can be taken into account in the Single Day-Ahead Coupling (DA Products) has been published.
The documents related to the Day-Ahead Market functioning have been adviced by ANRE on 3rd December and are published
ACER Decision for the approval of NEMOs’ Proposal for the price-coupling algorithm and for the continuous trading matching algorithm, also incorporating TSO and NEMO proposals for a common set of requirements.
Information about the incident on 19/03/2016 - 4M MC decoupling
On the 19/03/2016 during the market coupling session for delivery day 20/03/2016 technical issue with integration of market coupling results was identified.
As the issue was not resolved by the deadline set by the 4M MC procedures, market participants were informed on Incident Committee decision to decouple CZ, SK , HU and RO markets.
Market coupling session of the following trading day 20/03/2016 ran without any problem.
Communication to market participants ran exactly according to the 4M MC procedures and process in the decoupling mode took place correctly.
The cause of the issue was identified shortly after the incident and also workaround which will prevent the issue from happening again, was applied.
IMPORTANT! Dear DAM participants we remind you that, according to:
- ANRE Order 82/03.09.2014 for approval the Regulation for organization and functioning of the Day-Ahead Market for electricity adapted for functioning in market coupling framework and with amendments of acts that regulates Day-Ahead Market functioning, published in the Official Journal No. 668 from 11 September 2014,
- art. 5 – Current Order is published within the Romanian Official Journal, Part I and get into force on 11 November 2014.
- The Regulation for organization and functioning of the Day-Ahead Market for electricity adapted for functioning in market coupling framework and with amendments of acts that regulates Day-Ahead Market functioning,
- art. 194 – The last delivery day based on national DAM rules, before the delivery day which the coupling market mechanism applies on CET basis, shall contain 25 trading intervals.
- art. 195 – If necessary, for period in between the day when this Regulation applies and effective day when market coupling mechanism applies, the DAM is considered functioning in decoupling way and the last resort procedure applies.
10.11.2014 will be the last trading day based on current DAM rules and on currently DAM trading system version for delivery day 11.11.2014. This delivery day shall contain 25 hourly intervals. You can find details for creating the XML offer file within the attached presentation sustained during the training on-line that all DAM participants had been invited to participate.
The trading day 11.11.2014 shall be the first trading day for delivery day 12.11.2014 based on trading rules provided within the Regulation mentioned above and on the new version of DAM trading sistem adapted to new DAM trading rules. Trading intervals starting with this delivery day relate to CET.
IMPORTANT! The TEMPLATE was published for the creation of offers for the DAM for the testing period of the trading system with the new functionalities that the participants will use in the bidding process starting from the moment of their entry into operation.
Introducing 4M Market Coupling Project and planned operational market design
The Czech, Slovak, Hungarian and Romanian NRAs, TSOs and PXs are jointly working on implementing the extension of CZ-SK-HU Market Coupling to Romanian day-ahead electricity market based on PCR solution. The planned Go-Live Date is 11 November 2014. The parties present an overview of the project and a description of the planned future operation of the 4M Market Coupling
- For Microsoft Windows Vista operating system download the driver for ActiveKey Sim from Actividentity from here and installs it on the computer after the software supplied by OPCOM (ActivCard Key) has been installed. Select the 2 ActiveKey options in CUSTOM SETUP menu. For any details or information regarding the new IT Trading System please contact IT&C System Administration Department on : +4021 3071.404
- S.C. OPCOM S.A. IT&C Trading System, platform designed in accordance with the new Commercial Code approved by the National Regulatory Authority for Energy no.25 of October 22, 2004 and published in the Official Journal of Romania no.989 of October 27, 2004 came into operation since 06/30/2005. The modality of access to the trading system is described in the document named «The User`s Guide for the Day Ahead Market Participant ». This document may be downloaded from OPCOM`s site (www.opcom.ro). To connect to the trading and settlement systems the market participant needs an USB Token authentication key – an unique and customized key – and which has the ActiveCard client software installed. For accessing the applications (in order to participate to the Day Ahead Market and also for settlement purposes) the IT security system of the participant to allow https traffic to/from the system is necessary. The USB Token authentication key and the necessary URL adresses for accessing the applications will be available to each participant in the market starting december 30, 2004, based on signing a Bailment Contract. The USB Token key is owned by OPCOM. The damage or loss of the USB Token make impossible the trading and/or viewing/dowloading the files which contain the settlement reports. If the USB token authentication key is lost or damaged, the market participant may request it`s replacement, according to the conditions stipulated in the attached «Bailment Contract». OPCOM’s specialized personnel will provide the necessary training for using the authentication key. Electric energy sale and/or buying offers may be submitted in the application through an XML file or directly from the web interface. Useful applications for the conversion of (xls) Excel files into XML format will be also available to the market participants. The customized USB Token authentication keys are handed to the market participants who have signed the attached «Bailment Contract ». The customized key for your company will be taken over by the bailment contract signatory, as the representative of the bailor.
- The new S.C. OPCOM S.A. IT&C Trading System. It provides to the market participants a friendly interface, available in Romanian and English languages, easy to use once the basic concepts have been learned. The access modality of the trading system is described in the document named «The User’s Guide for the Day Ahead Market Participant». This document may be downloaded from OPCOM`s website. For accessing the application, it is necessary that the IT security system of the participant allows https traffic to/from the system. The trading system is a web application that has no special requirements. Thus, a personal computer equiped with a free USB port is enough, running Microsoft Office 2000, XP or Vista operating system. The application is compatible only with Internet Explorer browser, at least with 6.0 SP1 version. For assuring the full security of the transactions, a robust certification, authentication and data encryption system is implemented. This implies that the market participant connects to the system using an USB Token authentication key – which is unique and customised – and it has the ActivCard software client installed. For acessing the trading system, each participant will receive it`s customized USB Token key and a CD containing the associated ActivCard software with its installation instructions. Trading is possible either by filling the offers directly on the web interface, or by the transfer (upload) of the XML file which contains the offer, after it has been edited. This file may be edited by using Notepad and also by a dedicated application such as XMLSpy. The USB Token must not be damaged or lost, because without it trading is not possible. Software installation and USB Token use do not raise particular issues, but, if these issues still occur, OPCOM`s specialized personell will provide you with the necessary technical assistance. For any details or information regarding the IT&C Trading System please contact IT&C System Administration Department on : +4021 3071.404